Root Family

Root Family

Sep 22, 2009

Zion National Park Day 3

Day 3 I woke up a bit sore and anxious to get back to my baby girl. But I knew the Emerald Pools was a short trail that give us a chance to stretch before sitting in the car for 5 hours.

We hit the trail at a perfect time in my opinion, early enough that it wasn't yet too crowded or very hot. We did the whole thing, adding the upper and middle pools, still just getting in over 2.5 miles.

A peaceful morning at Zion
09.14.09 Zion 077

The Middle Emerald pool is just behind me in the picture, but I like the view with all of the greenery this way the best.
09.14.09 Zion 084

And of course when April and I found this bit of machinery we knew her boys would love to see it:
09.14.09 Zion 082

In my opinion, the Emerald pools is definitely a hike worth taking. I've done it a number of times and it honestly delivers on being short and sweet.

09.14.09 Zion 091

09.14.09 Zion 090

I already can't wait for a new adventure with April next year!

No comments: