Root Family

Root Family

Dec 24, 2005

Las Vegas Bowl & Red Rocks State Park December 2005

I went to Las Vegas with Alene and my parents on December 21, 22, and came home on the 23rd. We went to see BYU play Cal in the Las Vegas bowl. BYU lost, but put up a good point, losing by one TD and being in position to score a tying TD with around 1:30 left in the game, but our QB was hit as he threw a pass and it was intercepted. It was fun while it lasted I guess.

Vegas is alright. I've been there about five times and every time I go, I'm reminded why I don't care for it much. I mean, it's cool and all the lights are definitely exciting to see, but it kind of wears off after a while. The best part about our trip was our excursion out to Red Rock canyon, which is west of the city.

The bellagio had this cool set-up in their garden room that had this fountain full of cranberries (it's behind us).



My mom and dad at the bellagio



The Bellagio fountain in full-effect



My mom and Alene with blue streaks in their hair before the game



Me and Alene before the game



BYU Offense (check out those OL splits and the TE up in a two-point stance. Insane!)



BYU Defense



Alene at Red Rock Canyon



I found a "throne" for me to lead my kingdome



Me and Alene at Red Rock



I found a cozy little place to sleep



Red Rock Canyon



Red Rock Canyon



Red Rock Canyon



I got some grease on my hands and decided to plaster them all over these rocks. Just kidding. These are some of those ancient paintings the natives did around thanksgiving time. They were trying to make turkeys with their hands



Yeah, don't let this happen to YOU!

No comments: