Root Family

Root Family

Sep 10, 2006

Grandeur Peak - Wasatch Mountains Sept. 2006


View Larger Map

We had some time to kill after church and before having to be down at my parents, so Alene suggested hiking Grandeur Peak, which we thought for some reason was only supposed to be around 3 miles round trip, however we found out about 3 miles into the hike, that it was 3+ miles one way, so over 6 miles RT. Still, it was a beautiful hike and we had a great time. There is nothing like making it to the summit of a peak and feeling like you "conquered" that mountain.

When we got up there, there was an Australian dude there out for a hike. He was in SLC on business (mining industry) and was VERY nice. He even took our family picture on the peak.

Here are some pictures from our hike:

A little waterfall that we had to pass through

Grandure Peak 09.10.06

Looking back up Millcreek Canyon

Grandure Peak 09.10.06

Alene and I on the trail

Grandure Peak 09.10.06

Caiden and I on the trail

Grandure Peak 09.10.06

Looking down at SLC (Parley's Canyon below us)

Grandure Peak 09.10.06

My favorite part of the hike, just below the peak was this grove of trees that reminded me of a scene from Isreal or something (or at least what I'd imagine those olive groves looked like)

Grandure Peak 09.10.06

Family on the peak

Grandure Peak 09.10.06

Looking down the SL Valley

Grandure Peak 09.10.06

Looking back up Millcreek Canyon and the wasatch range

Grandure Peak 09.10.06

2 comments:

mattbeatty said...

I linked to this from Josh's blog (he just hiked Grandeur as well). Our Wasatch are so beautiful! I just had to comment though because of the Goat Punishment shirt. Very few of those have I ever seen, but good choice all the way.

Tyler Root said...

Yeah, I found it on ebay (new) about 6 or so years ago. I thought they were a dime a dozen until a year or so ago someone randomly hit me up on the internet and offered me $150 for the shirt. I didn't want to sell it, but then she told me it was for her brother who was a Marine heading off to Afghanistan. I asked her if she would have him take a picture of him in the shirt in Afghanistan, she could have it for $150. Sold it. I'm looking for the picture now....