Root Family

Root Family

May 29, 2007

Taking some handlebars to the chest

I went mountain biking with my sister in-law's husband (what does that make him to me???) Bill at Sundance on Monday. All was going well, considering that I had the cheapest bike on the mountain. I hit this spot that I had hit before. It was a simple drop, no rocks in the way, just regular dirt. Then, in a flash, I was going one way, my bike the other and the end of the handle bars were in my chest somehow, then I was on the ground.

At first, I did a calculated check of all my body parts (much like NFL players do when they take a really hard hit). I had to make sure they were all still there. I realized the handlebars went to my chest and they went pretty dang hard. I had to make sure they did not make a hole in my chest. Good old ribs, they did not, however, they ripped a hole through my shirt and gave me a NICE BIG scratch right in the middle of it. I then noticed I had a gash in my knee, which scared me for a bit, but once I got it washed up, I realized it wasn't as bad.

Anyway, I had a great time at Sundance, but I think I'm going to invest in some knee/shin guards before I do something like that again.

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.







No comments: